Huawei Y9 2019 (JKM-LX2) handsets are officially being updated to firmware version 126.96.36.1996 in the Asian Pacific region. Full firmware details and the official changelog of this update are provided below.
- Device: Huawei Y9 (2019)
- Model: JKM-LX2
- Android: 9.0 (Pie)
- EMUI: 9.1
- Firmware: 188.8.131.526
- Build Number: JKM-LX2 184.108.40.2066(C636)
- Cust Number: C636E6R1P1
- Android Security Patch: May 1, 2021
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Status: Official
- Type: OTA
- Size: ~309 MB
- Release Date: 19/09/2021
How to Update
A download link for the full firmware package of this update will be made available soon. In the meantime, you can check for the OTAA availability of this update using the official HiCare app or the update utility in your settings app.
This update improves system security with security patches.
- Integrates security patches released in June 2021 for improved system security.
- Adds the Huawei app folder to the home screen so you can stay up to date with trending apps. Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Petal Search, Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, Celia Keyboard & AI Voice.
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.