Huawei is now rolling out firmware version 18.104.22.1680 to its MediaPad M5 8.4 (SHT-W09) tablets in European countries. This update is based on EMUI 9.1 and comes with Android security patch level of June 1, 2021. Full details of this update are provided below.
- Device: Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4
- Model: SHT-W09
- Android: 9.0 (Pie)
- EMUI: 9.1
- Firmware: 22.214.171.1240
- Build Number: SHT-W09 126.96.36.1990(C432)
- Cust Number: C432E8R1P2
- Android Security Patch: June 1, 2021
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (Stable)
- Type: OTA Update
- Size: ~374 MB
- Release Date: 31/08/2021
How to Update
Huawei usually rolls out its updates in stages over a couple of weeks. It can take up to a month before it hits your device. You can perform a manual check for this update’s availability using either the official HiCare app or the update utility in the settings app.
- Integrates security patches released in June 2021 for improved system security.
- Adds the Huawei Apps folder to the home screen so you can stay up to date with trending apps.
- Adds quick download shortcuts for the following apps: Petal Search, Books, Petal Maps, GameCenter, Member Center, Browser, Link Now, and Celia Keyboard.
- Touch the shortcuts to download the apps.
(Note: If Auto-update apps in AppGallery is set to On or Wi-Fi only, app updates will be automatically downloaded and installed when the network connection is good.)
3. Update notes:
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
- The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
Feel free to use the comments section below if you have any questions or information regarding this update.